Life Cycle Of A Green Sea Turtle | Safari
Sale Sold out
Regular price $19.99 AUD
Regular priceUnit price per
Explore the life cycle of a Turtle!
About the Turtle:
- Green sea turtle eggs are buried in clutches of 75-200. After two months, the hatchlings make a mad dash for water, where they’ll spend the rest of their lives. Green sea turtles don’t reach adulthood for 10 years or more, but they can live up to 100 years.
- Scientific Name: Chelonia mydas
- Characteristics: Green sea turtles get their name not from their shells, but from their subdermal body fat. Unlike many other turtles, they cannot retract into their shells.
- Size and Color: Although these figures are dark green, sea turtles can also be brown, grey, or olive. The adult figure is 3 ½ inches long, about the size of a drink coaster.
- The Life Cycle of a Green Sea Turtle is part of the Safariology® collection.
- All Safari products are Non-toxic and BPA free.